Saturday, December 19, 2009 (9am – 5pm)
Sunday, December 20, 2009 (10am – 3pm)
Glamour Closet Los Angeles
324 South La Brea Avenue (cross street: West 3rd Street)
Los Angeles, CA 90036
1. Slash the Guestlist - By trimming the guest list, you will significantly reduce catering costs, as well as cut down on the cost of invitations, centerpieces, rentals, etc.
2. Shop Sample Sales - You may be able to score a designer gown at a fraction of the cost.
3. Weekday/Off-Peak Wedding - Saturday is the most popular and most expensive day to hold a wedding. Many venues offer a much cheaper rate for choosing a weekday or Sunday date. Discounts are also usually available during off peak season (Nov-Mar).
4. DIY- If you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, you possess a creative bone in your body, and if time permits, be a do-it-yourself diva and take on a few wedding-related projects.
5. Ditch the Open Bar - Open bars can be super pricey. Instead, opt to serve beer, wine, and one signature drink.
6. Choose flowers that are in Season: Your florist should be able to work with you to find an inexpensive alternative to a flower that may be out of season.
7. Choose a non-floral centerpiece: Candles? Fruit? Faux Feathers? Oh, the possibilities are endless...don't limit yourself.
8. Single Location: Hold the ceremony and reception in one location. This eliminates a second site fee and cuts out travel costs imposed by vendors (and your guests will thank-you for eliminating extra work and driving for them!).
9. Daytime Reception: Lunch prices are usually much less than dinner since it is based on smaller portion sizes, and less alcohol is usually consumed during the day.
10. Limit Courses: Simply put: less courses=less money spent.
I hope these tips are helpful when you begin the exciting journey of planning the biggest day of your life. Remember, you'll want to have money left over for the honeymoon!