Saturday, January 29, 2011

Real Parties: Dora Fiesta 3rd Birthday



A couple of weekends ago, I had the pleasure of putting together a Dora Fiesta 3rd Birthday Party for the most adorable twin girls in the world (ok, I may be a little biased because they're MY twins girls, but they are beautiful nonetheless).  For weeks as I planned the party I had one major concern: the weather! For the past two years, the weather has been terrible on the twins' birthday: the first year it was raining, the second year it was SUPER windy. I had some awesome entertainment lined up, so the last thing I needed was for mother nature to rain on our parade, literally!

But the weather was great!  It was bright and sunny...the perfect day for a party! So, party is what we did.  The theme was "A Dora Fiesta", and the kids (and adults) had a great time feasting on Mexican food (ceviche, enchiladas, beans, and spanish rice), jumping in the bounce house, and riding the party train.  There was even a special surprise appearance by Dora.

Check the pics below for all the Fiesta fun!

The kid's tables set-up...


A close-up of the place settings...


Dora birthday banner served as a nice backdrop...



The favor table/drink station...



The Manzanita Photo Tree was a party highlight...guests enjoyed seeing photos of the twins throughout the years...


I handmade these Dora "Backpacks" for the girls and Diego "Rescue Packs" for the boys...aren't they the cutest?!?!


No kids party is complete without a jumper (aka bounce house)...


We had a clown to entertain the kids...


and Dora herself made an appearance...


But the ultimate highlight of the party was, hands-down, the Trackless Party Train!!!


I had a chance to ride on the train and I think I may have had a little more fun than the kids!



The train played music as it wheeled the kids around the neighborhood...


The birthday girls!


The cake featured a picture of the birthday girls...


I wonder what they wished for as they blew out the candles...a bike perhaps?!


Wishes come true!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment