Monday, June 14, 2010

Vendor Spotlight: Bittersweet Treats


Warning: the following post will leave your mouth watering!!!

Danielle Keene created Bittersweet Treats, an online dessert company, to put a "modern twist on old-fashioned favorites".  With an extensive background in the food service industry, it's not surprising that she has mastered the art of creating delicious treats that are just as visually pleasing to look at as they are yummy to eat!  I had an opportunity to sit down with Danielle to learn more about her business and sample some of her most popular treats (love the perks of my job!), including my fave: red velvet cupcakes!!!  After one bite I was totally hooked!  Danielle will be providing the yummy desserts for "A Themed Occasion" and I can't wait to see the spread she comes up with!  If you haven't seen her past work, click here for more photos.  She comes up with the most adorable dessert tables that are sure to be the hit of ANY celebration.

Check out my Q&A session with Danielle:



Name: Danielle Keene
     Location: Los Angeles, ca
           Company Name:  Bittersweet
 Years in Business: 1.5
                      Website: www.bittersweettreats.com

How did you get involved in the dessert industry?

I always baked at home when I was a kid. I thought it was something I could see doing for the rest of my life and loving it. I went to culinary school and then started working in a professional kitchen in Los Angeles.

What did you do prior to this?

I have always been in the food service industry.

What makes a client choose Bittersweet Treats over the competition?

I think the way our product is designed and decorated is visually stunning, but number one I think is because of the way it tastes. The flavors are delicious and not overly sweet like most desserts.

What would you say is your biggest source of inspiration?

I like to look at art and textiles to get decorating ideas. I love to go to other cities to see what flavors are popular. And everything Martha Stewart does inspires me!

What are a few ways that couples can save when it comes to dessert options for the big day?

Purchasing a smaller decorated cake and the rest as sheet cake which per serving cost less. Or do a dessert bar and have mini desserts. The cost is less than a big cake and you will have a bigger variety for your guests.

Besides making delicious sweet treats, what else fills your time?

I love to eat out of course! Going to farmers markets, listening to music, I practice karate and enjoying out door exercise like bike riding and walking.

What’s the most valuable advice you would give to a couple in regards to choosing the cake/dessert for their wedding? 

Don’t be afraid to go out of the norm and do something different than just a traditional cake. Having an ice cream or candy bar set up is so much fun for your guests and will leave them with a lasting memory.

If you were not in the dessert business, what would you be doing instead? 

I would want to be a DJ in a club or with a band producing electronic music……..completely different from what I am doing now!

And now for the yumminess you've all been waiting for:











Wouldn't this make a fabulous addition to any party?!  What are you waiting for...call Danielle today!



1 comment:

  1. Ummmm ... let me just say I want to eat EVERYTHING pictured here! From one cake lover to another, your designs are scrumptious!

    Can't wait to meet you at the Open House and eat all your goodies!
    Karen

    http://www.thelegacyboutique.com/blog

    ReplyDelete