Loved the window display of the Crowne Plaza catering office. So elegant!
I thought these shoes (at the Believe Fitness Studio booth) were gorgeously sexy. The pic just doesn't do them justice...
These designer caramel apples (at the Apple Revolution booth) looked amazing! They would make an awesome favor for guests to take home...
I really liked the invitations displayed at Nida's Wedding Boutique's booth.
Advantage Bridal's booth: they sell "everything but the dress"!
Bridal shows can be a great source of information and inspiration when planning your wedding. One of the greatest advantages is that you are able to meet a ton of vendors in one setting, without having to travel to endless appointments. You can have a "mini-meeting" with the vendors whose work has caught your attention, then arrange a more formal meeting to get more information if needed and book their services. It can definitely be an afternoon well spent if you choose the right show.
Some of the bigger shows can get a little overwhelming, so here are a few tips to help you survive your bridal show experience:
- Wear comfy shoes: You'll be doing a lot of walking, so comfort is a must.
- Come prepared: Some shows offer printed labels with your name, address, phone #, and email address, if you register ahead of time. This will save you a lot of time and frustration from having to fill out the same information for vendor after vendor. If this is not offered, or you're unable to sign-up in advance, take the time to print the labels yourself. You'll be so glad you did!
- Bring a camera: You may see something you MUST have for your wedding and you'll want a picture so that you don't forget or can show the vendor exactly what you are referring to when you make an appointment. Not to mention, there will be a ton of info thrown your way. You'll want to make notes take pictures of the booths that stand out to you so they'll be easy to remember.
- Do your homework: Research some of the vendors that will be exhibiting. This way, you'll be familiar with what they have to offer. Many vendors offer some great day-of-show discounts. If you know about the company ahead of time, you'll feel more comfortable if you decide to book on the spot.
- Grab a partner: Your fiance would be the best choice to bring along for obvious reasons, but if he/she is unavailable, grab a trusted confidante (best friend, parents, etc) to bounce ideas bounce ideas with.
- Have an open mind: Although you may have ideas in your mind of how you'd like your wedding, keep an open mind to all of the choices out there.
- Relax and enjoy the show: Don't feel pressured to commit to anything. If you are not ready to book on the spot make sure that is communicated. Also, take the time to enjoy some of the yummy food, desserts, swag bags and fashion shows, etc. They are all there to make the most of your experience.
Until next time, happy planning!
Platinum Touch Events
Platinum Touch Events